Sunday, August 19, 2007

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!

Now playing: The Mars Volta - Cicatriz Esp

via FoxyTunes

First thing first. Go out and purchase The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry read it and get back to me.

Ah, well I am over my sickness and climbed a mountain today but let’s rewind to what was last night. I went on a double date last night to a blues performance, a tribute to Billie Holiday.

Look at the picture the one below . My dates name was Mary (Got to love Geriatrics) and she even paid for my ticket. Score! It was exactly what I needed. Being a little home sick I attended the show and it lifted my spirits before the show even began. As I walked into the theater they were playing Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds, the song, Minarets followed by more and more DMB FYP let’s DTI!!! Lainey… So anyways the performance was great. The set list is as follows.

  1. Solitude
  2. St. Lois Blues
  3. Summertime
  4. All of me
  5. Georgia on my mind. (More like Dougherty)
  6. Let’s Do It (See parentheses above) inappropriate you say?don’t care it’s my blog
  7. Lady Sings the Blues
  8. Me Myself and I
  9. Body and Soul
  10. April in Paris
  11. Strange Fruit
  12. Fine and Mellow
  13. Good Morning
  14. Night and Day

I have video of 3 of the performances but seeing as uploading takes longer than hearing back from Jay Wall via FB I am not sure if I will have time to upload it. So after the show my date Pablo and his girlfriend (Look at the picture look at the picture) went to get some ZA!!! For those of you who are not schooled in the Michael Scott School of Hard Knocks ZA is Pizza without the Piz, duh. I will give it the Argentineans they have NO idea what good ZA is. Come to America, visit Pagliai’s Pizza in Iowa City and take some lessons. Moving on to today.

Today I conquered a mountain with Pablo and Perdro. It was a long sweaty hike up but a beautiful and relaxing one. I know driving there it is over 16 km but seeing as we were going vertical the entire time I doubt it was that far. We went to Susana’s mountain house and had some lunch. It was delicious, empanadas and spag with some wicked red sauce con pollo. Pedro, Pablo, and I watched an old movie about a legendary Argentinean badass who whose name slips my mind. It was good. After the movie we walked back down. My legs are tired but it felt great to get out listen to nothing but a steam trickling down the rocks was relaxing and it let me clear my mind of stupid dreams I have been having. Sorry Katie never again, hey but I am representing!!!!

So I am tired and a little well a lot Janileated right now but it’s ok because I am an adult and I can do whatever I want. Later world. Tomorrow I will work on my children’s book. Love you all take care keep kicking, this place has it’s highs and it lows. But its highs are much higher than the lows. Does it make sense I don’t know, but then again I don’t care. PEACE!!!

For the note thank you grandma and grandpa because without you my education and this trip wouldn't be possible, I love you more than you know.

No comments: